Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lupus & Traveling

***DISCLAIMER- if you are the person traveling with me there is NOTHING in this posts that was negative towards you... it's just my internal thoughts and frustrations with myself***

So a couple of weeks ago I won a trip to Las Vegas for the American Country Awards. My first thougth was to take my husband, but he doesn't like country music so I asked my dearest friend to go with me. When I did this my Lupus didn't come to mind. You see when I travel I get pretty sick, and this trip was no different.

First, we didn't have a direct flight. That should have been a red flag for me, but it wasn't. We had to get up at 3:30 am to catch our flight and ended up traveling for 7 hours before finally touching down in Las Vegas. It takes a lot of energy to change planes. Carrying luggage from one gate to another.

I was very excited to know that is wasn't going to be hot in Vegas... it was perfect right around 50*. So I didn't think my stomach issues would come into play but boy was I wrong.

So we finally crashed at about 9:00 pm. It was a rough day, I was exhausted and beyond my number of "Spoons" for the day (maybe even the week).

My biggest frustration was having my friend see my sick. It was so hard to make 17 trips to the bathroom, not being able to eat and having to call it a night so early. I know this is something I have to get over. And someday I will. But this was a hard weekend. I know it will take a few days to get over all I did.
So today I start resting and getting ready for another weekend full of Christmas events. I can't wait for the holidays to be over.

No comments: