Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Advocacy Day

Definition: The Lupus Foundation of America's Advocacy Day is an annual event where lupus advocates come together on Capitol Hill to educate Members of Congress about lupus, and encourage them to support more funding for lupus research.


I want to do this, badly. In 2011 it's at the end of February and I plan on going. The problem... I don't want to spend an arm & a leg. So today I posted on my social media that I'm looking for airline miles.
Why do I want to do this? Because I want to make a difference, I want to go to Washington and talk about the need for Lupus research. I want my elected officials to know that people back home need their help.

So here goes, my plea for airline miles is posted here too.

1 comment:

Sophie - LFA said...

Hi Cori, thank you for posting about our Advocacy Day on your blog and I truly hope to see you there. I just wanted to let you know that our page has been updated with more information, including hotel rates and a program of scheduled events. Perhaps this will help you in your planning. Visit www.lupus.org/advocacyday to see all the materials and please, contact me if you have any questions.

Sophie Yan
Lupus Foundation of America