Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Update

So things aren't horrible. They are actually back to "normal"... sorta.

So the swollen joints are gone, but my hands are still sore and don't like it when I do repetitive motions too much. So I am trying to take it easy. Apparently it can take up to 8 weeks for the infusion to show it's working... Today I am on week 5, so I am still hopeful.

Right now I am dealing with a rash all over my torso. Went to the Urgent Care clinic on Saturday night and was told I was having an allergic reaction to something, but no body knows what. I have racked my brain but we haven't changed a single thing. And apparently it's been too long for it to be a reaction to the infusion.

So he said "Steriods" and I proceeded to argue. I finally said you can prescribe them til you turn blue, but I wont take them. So if I have to deal with this forever I will.

I'm starting to question that decision.

Part of me is willing to try anything. It looks like I have chicken pox and the rash is starting to climb up my face. So what do I do? I just don't know.

And on the other hand, I'm stubborn. Steriods make me fat, grumpy and sleepless. Why would I take them?

So as I sit for 3 more weeks waiting for an answer. Hoping against all hope that the answer will be exactly what I need. Waiting is so tuff, but I will wait. Counting the days.

I hope you all are having a great day and thanks for letting me rant.

No comments: