Sunday, April 17, 2011

Long week

Well it's been a long week, physically and emotionally.
On Monday I finally called my doctor and was told to come in right away. I hurt. My pain level was at a 8 or 9. She told me thisncould be a good sign of the infusion working. She put me on bed rest and an intense regimen of medications to dull the pain.

First and foremost I hate taking time off work. But I knew I couldn't do my job. So insolent four days resting and it sucked. My hands were so bad I couldn't type. My joints hurt like nobodys business and my muscles hurt from laying down.

I woke up Saturday not sure if I was feeling better or if my mind was ignoring my body so I could do what I had planned. In the end I way over did it.

But on Saturday I saw the movie "Souls Surfer" I wanted to weep uncontrollably. Thisnyoung girl had dreams that could have been cut short but she had the determination to fight and do what her heart yearned for. I was inspired. But also mourned what I have let slide because I didn't have the focus. I need to reevaluate how I lean on God for strength. How I yearn to do what I want to do and not the bare minimum just to get things done. Time for focus and for God to use me in ways that only He can.

I can do all things through God who gives me strentgh.

No comments: