Monday, January 10, 2011

feeling overwhelmed

Today I'm feeling overwhelmed. It's that time of the month when all my meds get refilled. Calling them in just reminds me that I'm sick. It's a sinking feeling. One I wish I didn't deal with.

In addition to the RX meds a friend was telling me about all the suppelements her daughter was on too and how much they have helped... which then reminds me that I have become horrible at taking all my supplements. Do non sick people really know what it feels like to have medication bottles lined up on your night stand, in your purse and a back up set you can toss in any bag at any time?

I'm not trying to complain, I'm just overwhelmed. Just wondering if anyone else feels as overwhelmed as I do. Wondering if others look at their supplements and think they are optional and swallowing one more pill each night is hard.

Please don't think I'm complaining... I can afford my meds, I can take them, I can deal with the side effects ( most of the time), I just feel alone in my world where my friends don't get it. Alone in my pain and alone in my thoughts.

Trying to rest in God's arms reminding myself I'm not alone is not always easy.

1 comment:

Headstrong said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. But please don't feel alone - I, and so many others with autoimmune disease, know just how you feel. And please do not feel ashamed - this disease and the treatments are so very hard to live with some days, NO ONE could fail to feel the weight of it at times. You are by no means whining - you're just telling it like it is! I hope every day is better for you. Cheers, Headstrong