Monday, March 10, 2008

So blessed

I feel so blessed. When I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I was scared, I didn’t want another “label” to slow me down. So I started reading up on it and the more I read the more I was baffled as to why it took so long for someone to tell me I had it. So today I have been focused on how blessed I am to have this “label”.

There are things I have learned that I would like to share. First off, I wasn’t diagnosed because I would complain about some symptoms to my PCP thinking it wasn’t lupus related and when he told me it was I didn’t bother running to my other doctor because I refused the steroid treatment and I didn’t want to be told that this was the only way.

What are some of these symptoms? Well let me share them with you, because I am STILL baffled that these symptoms are all related to fibro. First, the ringing in my ears. Second, the sensory overload- this is a huge one for me. I freak out when I have been in a large crowd for a while our even a small group. I just need to get away- hide in the bathroom for just a couple of minutes, breathe relax. Noise bugs me a lot, my mind can’t focus on things especially when there is a lot of background noise. I used to think I had bad hearing, but no, it’s a sensory overload. And when I don’t have the break I really do a downward spiral and I can’t control myself. The other symptoms were a little different. I have been complaining a LOT about my hips, but all the tests, xrays & MRI’s didn’t show any sign of arthritis or anything else. Well come to find out that lower part of my pack is a pressure point. It is amazing all the pressure points I have been having issues with but complaining that it is something else. And then there is the sleep issue. I don’t sleep well at ALL, which lowers my pain tolerance & increases my exhaustion. So when I Started taking Lyrica I was blessed more than anything by the sleep!!! Yahoo!!!

So today I feel INCREDIBLY blessed today, if my body could handle it I would jump up in down. Even though I am in a flair I am SOOOOOO blessed. God is so GOOD!!!!

No comments: