Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So I went

I went to the doctor yesterday... it wasn't what I expected. First Lupus patients who receive the infusion need to wait 3 months... NOT 8 weeks for it to work... 3 MONTHS?!?!?!? I was not happy to hear that. So I have a few more weeks to wait.

If it doesn't kick in I start the new Lupus drug Benlysta, assuming that my tests all come back where they need to be... oh the stress. :-).

Then my Rhuemy told me she could be moving on to bigger and better things. I was shocked. I have been seeing her for 11 years. She is amazing. SHe understands me, doesn't push steriods and is willing to try so much. I was reassured that she would talk to me "new" doctor and explain me to her. I just hope that my first appointment in July isn't a total disappoinment.

So that's it, in a nutshell. My body continues to scream at me. But I am dealing with it one day at a time. Summer will be here soon and hopefully it will be mild so I can give my body a break from rain and heat.

No comments: