Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dear Family & Friends

You may be aware that I am a member of the Board of Directors of the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA). Two of my responsibilities are to increase public awareness of the disease and to raise funds to help our nonprofit.

I hope you’ll help me accomplish both of those jobs.

On Monday, August 1, we will be hosting Hit the Links for Lupus at The Golf Club at Echo Falls, near Woodinville. 90% of the money raised at this event will fund local programs for our members such as brochures, support groups, teleconferences and a lupus help line. The rest of the funds will be pooled into our national program, Breaking Down the Barriers, which funds research to find the causes and a cure for lupus.

The fight against lupus is important to me. If you read my blog, twitter or facebook you know that I have Lupus. I have had Lupus for 11 years. When I became invovled with the Lupus Foundation's Pacific Northwest Chapter I wanted to raise awareness. To share with people I connect with every day on what Lupus is about.

The effects of lupus on families can be devastating. Lupus patients deserve better and more effective treatments. This year, thanks to the efforts of the LFA, the entire lupus community and dedicated scientists, the FDA approved the first new drug for the treatment of lupus after 56 years of waiting for a breakthrough. That is too long a wait!

Your participation will help me and our local chapter make a difference in the lives of people with lupus. I promise you will have an enjoyable day on the course supporting a very good cause. Single golfers are welcomed at $150. If you can arrange a foursome, the price will be $550. Green fees, cart, beverages and lunch are included in the price. Please call 877-774-2992 or email info@lupuspnw.org for more information or to reserve your spot.

I hope you’ll mark your calendar and join us at 8 AM on August 1 at The Golf Club at Echo Falls (www.echofallsgolf.com). Thank you so much for your support.

With best wishes,
Cori

No comments: