Friday, May 20, 2011

Last weekend I met Jordan Babineaux from the Seattle Seahawks. My husband and I are BIG Seahawks fan (Big NFL Fans, really). I had heard that he has an orginaztion in Texas to raise money for Lupus and ever since I have been spamming him on twitter hoping to see if he can help our small orginazation in Seattle.

Ever with my flare I made it to West Seattle (About 30 minutes from home) and to the beach and waited. I was so excited. He was attending a walk and told me I could find him there. I spammed him a ton again telling him where I was and all of a sudden he waved to me across the crowd, I was elated!

I walked up and he instantly hugged me (Which I guess is a Texas thing- I'm not a real touchy feely person cause usually it hurts when people hug- they don't get that I am in pain all the time). We talked and he signed my jersey & took a photo. He is one of the NICEST people I have ever met. I can't believe how twitter has connected me with so many cool people.

I have connected with Blockheads, had messages back and forth with Jon Knight *swoon*, had dinner with Raheem Brock, Matt Hasselbeck remembered my tweets when I told him who I was. Conversations with Aaron Curry, connected with other Lupus patients who have been such an encouragement to me, won a ton of stuff and now met Jordan.
I really hope his schedule allows for him to help us out. He seems like such an awesome guy.

No comments: