Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's been a long month

It's been a long month. I finally got over that flare. The new meds I had started caused me to break out into some seriose hives and I had to quit them, which was disappointing because they were actually doing some good.

My chest pain and swollen joints are down and no fevers or stomach issues.

Last night the FDA approved a new drug for Lupus. This is big news for us in the Lupus community. There hasn't been a new drug in over 50 years. It really is cause for celebration.

As I went about my normal evening I kept thinking about what that means to me. Does that mean that because I can't steriods I wont be able to take this? Does it mean that it might actually work? How long do I have to wait for it to hit my doctors office, will my doctor think it will help me? and the big question if I get it WILL I FEEL NORMAL FOR A DAY? That is such a desire of my heart. One day to feel normal, not feel tired, no pain in my joints. I don't want to have a decision in front of me and have to think about what it will do to my body and schedule tomorrow.

I have realized that this drug may not be an answer for me, but it could be an answer for many- and I hope it is. But I also hope that researchers see the hope that this new med has given all of us and continue to work on a cure.

so to my lupie buddies out there- I hope this is your answer... almost more than I hope it's mine. I know this is a step in the right direction!

No comments: