Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So the GF diet tanked. There is no way in the world I could do this. Breakfast for me is my most important meal…. And I can’t find anything tasty. Oh well. I have decided that I am going to stop trying to fix all these pains and flares and just learned to live with them. I know I can. Lupus and Fibro is just going to have to live in my body while I fight it off and live with it.

This last weekend I over did it, and I knew it. But you know what- I would do it all over again. It was totally worth it. So now I look for ways to make this happen. I struggle with listening to my body. I struggle with not over doing it. I struggle with thinking so many things are worth it, when they are not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cori,

My name is Justin Guild and I’m a graduate research assistant currently working with Dr. Jeong-Nam Kim (http://www.cla.purdue.edu/communication/people/jnkim.shtml) at Purdue University on a health communication study.

Specifically, our research explores how information sharing behavior through online communities influences coping strategies among people with chronic conditions including cancer, diabetes, lupus, etc.

I’m contacting you to seek permission to place a link to our online web survey on your blog to invite readers and other visitors to participate. The survey is purely academic in nature and takes no longer than 5-7 minutes to complete.

The web survey can be found by clicking on this link: http://www.createsurvey.com/c/70237-Os3LDl/

In the survey, we use the term “blog” to refer to any online activity where you might read or share information in communities such as personal web logs, internet forums, and discussion boards.

The findings of this study could lead to better management capacities of chronic diseases as well as an increase in funding for research related to online communities.

If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me at jguild@purdue.edu.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Justin Guild