Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Is there such thing as too much?

Do you ever feel like you are taking too many pills?
I went to my rheumy today, I am really feeling like crap. I have been dealing with this flare up for a month & I have a feeling it is going to get worse before it gets better. David says I am on too much meds. But honestly when I’m not flaring I doing great. I just can’t kick this flare. I didn’t get to see my normal doc, so once again I had to fight steroids. I refuse to do them, they are so hard on me and they don’t work!!!!! So she gave me more meds. I got my “happy” pill back (provigil), I LOVE this stuff. The only down side is when I forget to take it I hit a large brick wall and feel worse than I ever thought I could. But for now I am going to enjoy it!! I look forward to this afternoon when I am in the midst of it’s effects. I also got something for my pain in hopes of killing off the chest pain so I can breathe. If these two pills work I will be SOOOOOOOOOO elated!!! . So Saturday-Thursday I take 8 pills and on Friday’s I take 14! Holy moly!!! So next time you are at the pharmacy you can think of me.
Enjoy your day! I know I will .

Oh a funny “mommy moment”
I call my prescriptions, “drugs”… I have a 6 year old who just learned that “drugs” were a bad thing and you should say “No”. Good for him!!! But the look on his face when I mentioned I needed to take my “drugs” was priceless. We had to have a talk about how it’s ok to take drugs your doctor gives you. So I have to learn NOT to refer to my meds as “Drugs”. Doh! Things you don’t even think about until your little one points it out. I can just see him in school or Sunday school now… “My mommy takes LOTS of drugs every day before she goes to work & before bedtime”. Oh boy!

No comments: