Monday, January 14, 2008

Fast Forward

So fast forward to recently. In September my pain began to get worse. I had been ignoring it for so long. Mainly because I was so tired of being told that every aliment I suffered was Lupus related and the only thing I could do was prednisone (Steroids). I refused. I would rather suffer than go back on them, so I did. By mid November the pain was no longer tolerable and I made an appointment to go back to my doctor and start treatment back up, and if it meant more steroids I would consider it- anything to be better. My doctor spent a lot of time with me discussing everything and why I had quit and why I had come back. I felt so good when I left. We decided to put me on Methotrexate, a drug I had been on once before.

The first week I felt like a train wreck on that medication. Each week it gets better with the side effects. Unfortunately the pain is not getting better. Most of last week I have hardly been able to type or walk up a simple flight of stairs. Even today my body is still on strike, but I guess I am learning to cope with the intensity a little better. Breathing is still very difficult and but I am hopeful that the metho will kick in sooner rather than later. It’s been 4 weeks, which is when I was told to start seeing improvements. A huge praise is my exhaustion level has decreased incredibly!! A month ago my days went like this: Up at 6:30 am, out the door by 7:00, sleep all the way to work. After work I would sleep all the way home, wake up long enough to climb into bed and sleep til 6:30. I am so happy to say that I can go home and spend some time with my boys. I will deal with all the side effects needed if it means I can spend time with them.

No comments: