Saturday, June 5, 2010

Friends

I am posting this from my phone while camping, so be kind and pantient with typos.

I am frustrated...... I don't know how to get my friends to realize that I'm sick. They know I have Lupus but they seem to forget.

Right now I'm camping with a large group of friends and when I say I need to go to bed early or take a nap they want to know why and they are annoyed- or at least that is how I take it. Maybe I'm taking it wrong? I don't know. And it's not everyone. Sometimes it's the ones really close to me. I don't want to say " my chest hurts" or "I'm tired because of lupus". I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I need extra care. How do I tell them that so they will hear me?

2 comments:

Della said...

Keep posting, and let friends and family have your URL. If you post what is going on with you continually, they will get it, and maybe read up on Lupus. Good luck! It's a heck of a battle having Lupus, but at least we can look forward to some good days here and there...even though a good day usually involves some form of discomfort. Let people know when you hurt, and how you hurt. Rest when you need to! Lupie hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of complaining that ur tired but you hat it cause you don't want to call attention to yourself. I have had Lupus since I was a child and it runs on both sides of my family.Fiancés sometimes forgets why im tired sometimes. Sometimes it feels burdening to remind him sometimes.